GIM-01 is the 3D Gimbal at the center of all Millibox products. Wiring of the DUT is done with on axis pass-throught channels to prevent tangling. The Device Under Test is mounted on the laser guided 3D gimbal rotating platform. The 3D gimbal is controlled over a simple USB connection with open source software (source provided) containing all the functions and API to run and plot a full spherical (or partial) radiation pattern graph up to 1 degree resolution (64000 points). The outcome of the plot is a Comma Separated Values (.csv) heat-map file listing all capture position and captured data.
- 24GHz radar
- 5G (NR) mmWave
- 60GHz, 802.11ad, 802.11ay
- 77GHz automotive radar
- 81GHz radar
- Other proprietary mmWave design from 18GHz to 95GHz
- Beamforming 3D capture
- Over-The-Air mmWave measurements
- Antenna-array performance test
- beam coverage assesment
- In-system antenna placment
- Production test
- base 200mm x 200mm, DUT height 320mm
- Range -180 to +180 degree in H and V planes
- resolution 1 degree in both plane.
- Laser guided calibration at 0.1degree accuracy
- Maximum DUT size 40mm x 200mm x 110mm (1.5″ x 7.9″ x 4.3″) THW
- Maximum DUT weight 500g (1lb) balanced
- Made in USA with domestic and imported parts.
- USB controller included
- Open source software controller in python provided
- Customization available on request.