MBX-03 is an innovative mmWave mini-chamber which fits on a 8ft lab bench. It has 3 instruments bay to place a Spectrum Analyzer or Vector Network Analyzer on one side and a Signal Generator or baseband board on the other side below measurement deck. This configuration saves space and reduces loss due to long coax wiring. Wiring of the DUT is done with on axis pass-throught channels to prevent cable tangling. The Device Under Test is mounted on the laser guided 3D gimbal rotating platform. The 3D gimbal is controlled over a simple USB connection with open source software (source code provided) containing all the functions and API to run and plot a full spherical (or partial) radiation pattern graph up to 1 degree resolution (64000 points). The output of the plot is a time stamped Comma Separated Values (.csv) heat-map file listing all capture positions and corresponding captured data. This heat-map file can then be post-processed for graphic rendering with virtually every mathematics and graphic tools available on the market.
MBX-03 is suited for 140cm far-field measurements
- 24GHz radar
- 5G (NR) mmWave
- 60GHz, 802.11ad, 802.11ay
- 77GHz automotive radar
- 81GHz radar
- Other proprietary mmWave design from 18GHz to 95GHz
- Beamforming 3D capture
- Over-The-Air mmWave measurements
- Antenna-array performance test
- beam coverage assessment
- In-system antenna placement
- Production test
- Compact size: 6′ x 3′ x 2′ (WHD)
- Range -180 to +180 degree in H and V planes
- Far-field distance 140cm
- resolution 1 degree in both plane.
- Laser guided calibration at 0.1degree accuracy
- Maximum DUT size 40mm x 200mm x 110mm (1.5″ x 7.9″ x 4.3″) THW
- Maximum DUT weight 500g (1lb) balanced
- Absorber performance -50dB at normal incidence.
- Instrument bay size, 3 bays of 300mm x 500mm x 580mm (12″ x 20″ x 23″) HWD
- Made in USA with domestic and imported parts.
- Customization available on request.