6ft Vesatile mmWave anechoic chamber
MBX03 is our most vertsatile mmWave anechoic chamber which fits on a 8ft lab bench. The 3 instrument bays below the deck are ideal to fit your instruments for example a Spectrum Analyzer or a Vector Network Analyzer. Therefore saving space and shortening the coax length to your DUT. The 3D positioner and the Horn post are also provided with MBX03. As a result, you can get up and running quickly. Additionally, the controller software is written in Python source code, can integrate with any existing setup.
MBX03 is our best selling version because of the wide range of possible application. It is a great solution from 24Ghz up to 81GHz Radar tests but also widely used for 5G FR2 designs. because of its modularity your MBX03 becomes too small, you can purchase a kit to upgrade it to MBX04 later on. MBX03 has four mmWave horn post positions, so you can always measure at closer range when needed.
Because this compact mmWave anechoic chamber is affordable and versatile it became a go to solution for smaller mmWave teams who have multiple designs in several RF bands in their portfolio. For the same reason it is also the preferred size in universities.
When you don’t have the budget for a CATR system or access to a in-house microwave chamber, it becomes easy to justify acquiring an MBX03 against the running cost of an external RF lab contract. Besides, this solution resides in your own lab and you can use it whenever you need it.
MBX03 is suited for smaller than 138cm far-field measurements mmWave phase array
Applications: mmWave phase array
- 24GHz radar
- 5G (NR) mmWave
- 60GHz, 802.11ad, 802.11ay
- 77GHz automotive radar
- 81GHz radar
- Other proprietary mmWave design from 18GHz to 95GHz
Usage: Radiation pattern and OTA
- Beamforming 3D capture
- Over-The-Air mmWave measurements
- Antenna-array performance test
- Beam coverage assessment
- In-system antenna placement
- Production test
- Compact size: 6′ x 3′ x 2′ (WHD)
- Range -180 to +180 degree in H and V planes
- Far-field distance 138cm
- Resolution < 0.1 degree in both planes
- Laser guided calibration at 0.1 degree accuracy
- Maximum DUT size 40mm x 200mm x 110mm (1.5″ x 7.9″ x 4.3″) THW
- Maximum DUT weight 500g (1lb) balanced
- Absorber performance -50dB at normal incidence.
- Instrument bay size, 3 bays of 300mm x 500mm x 580mm (12″ x 20″ x 23″) HWD
- Made in USA with domestic and imported parts
- Customization available on request