8ft large capacity mmWave anechoic chamber
MBX33 is an innovative mmWave chamber which fits on a 10ft lab bench. Because it is made out of 30″ cubes instead of the standard 24″ cube of MBX0x series, it provides more volume on the inside. This can be important in several situations, for example when the DUT is large in size or when testing mmWave radar with trihedral corner reflectors.
This version has 3 instrument bays to place spectrum analyzer or vector network analyzer just below the measurement deck, therefore saving space and reducing loss due to long coax wiring.
MBX33 presents all the benefits offered by the MBX0x series but because of its size it can accommodate several custom options especially related to mmWave radar target tracking. For instance a popular customization consist of installing corner reflector targets in pattern on the opposite wall. Additionally, the installation of smart linear actuators activating radar targets can make a very compelling setup. Contact us directly if you want to find-out more about our customization options.
MBX33 is suited for 186cm far-field measurements
Applications: mmWave phase array antenna measurement
- 24GHz radar
- 5G (NR) mmWave
- 60GHz, 802.11ad, 802.11ay
- 77GHz automotive radar
- 81GHz radar
- Other proprietary mmWave design from 18GHz to 95GHz
Usage: Radiation Pattern and OTA measurement
- Beamforming 3D capture
- Over-The-Air mmWave measurements
- Antenna-array performance test
- Beam coverage assessment
- In-system antenna placement
- Production test
- Compact size: 8′ x 3’8″ x 2’8″ (WHD)
- Range -180 to +180 degree in H and V planes
- Far-field distance 186cm
- Resolution < 0.1 degree in both planes
- Laser guided calibration at 0.1 degree accuracy
- Maximum DUT size 40mm x 200mm x 110mm (1.5″ x 7.9″ x 4.3″) THW
- Maximum DUT weight 500g (1lb) balanced
- Absorber performance -50dB at normal incidence.
- Made in USA with domestic and imported parts
- Customization available on request